Enabling active symptom coping.
Mindful Yoga Therapy is a post-traumatic growth program rooted in yogic practices of breath control techniques, meditation, mindful movement, integrative restoration/yoga nidra (yoga sleep) and gratitude. Participants are empowered with the skills to live a resilient life and create calm and steady body-mind. MYT tools enable personalized, portable self-care techniques and are beneficial for active symptom coping.
- Rewire the fight or flight response
- Lowers state and trait anxiety
- Improves anger management skills
- Builds awareness and coping skills to address alcohol and drug use.
- Increases ability to self-calm
- Helps participants recognize and safely release emotions without judgment
- Brings participants back to the present by reconnecting mind to body
- Improves focus/attention
- Promotes self-care
- Active symptom coping skills
- Build expressions of gratitude that fosters recognition of positive events
- Balance nervous system to exist in body with ease
- Improves quality of rest/sleep
real team facilitates mindful yoga therapy (myt)
- The Joseph House
- REAL Human Performance
- VA Medical Center Domiciliary
- Hamilton County Veterans Treatment Court
- VA Medical Center TBI Residential Program
- VA Medical Center PTSD Residential Program