1. Tell us about yourself.
I am 57 years old. I am married and have 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren and a 3rd is due at the end of December. I taught special education for 30 years with Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities. I started my health and wellness journey 12 years ago losing 100 pounds. It has been a journey with a lot of ups and downs but RHP has definitely been an important part of my success in keeping my weight off.
2. Give us three words that your friends would use to describe you.
Three words my friends would use to describe me would be: caring, loyal, friendly.
3. Tell us something that we don't know about you.
I used weigh 270 pounds.
4. How long have you been coming to RHP?
I have been coming to RHP since they opened.
5. What do you like about taking classes at RHP?
I love that the workouts are planned out and the personal coaching you get to make sure that your technique is correct.
6. Tell us about your first class.
My first class was in August 2013 and it was hotter than all get out. We were doing exercises and movements that were definitely new to me, deadlifts, tricep pulldowns medicine ball slams; I loved it! For the first time in a class I wasn’t just another body, the coaching that I was getting from Chris was like having a personal trainer. RHP became my secret addiction.
7. Got a favorite exercise/move from class?
I love pulling a heavy sled.
8. Biggest changes that you've noticed since taking classes at RHP?
I’m definitely stronger. I’ve also lost inches so my clothes fit better. Most importantly my eating habits have improved!
9. What is your proudest RHP moment?
I have 2! They are my 620 pound sled pull and my 225 pound deadlift.
10. What is some advice that you would give to someone coming to RHP for their first time?
I would tell someone that is new to RHP that the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. They are committed to helping you reach your fitness goals. You will love the personalization of the coaching you get during your workout. You will be amazed at the changes you see and feel in just a short time. There isn’t another place in Cincinnati that is as innovative and committed to health and wellness.