Mindful Yoga Therapy 15-Hour Teacher Training
Mindful Yoga Therapy (MYT) is an empirically informed, clinically tested program comprised of five practices: Pranayama (breathing), Asana (postures connected with breath), Yoga Nidra, Meditation, and Gratitude. Each practice is a tool veterans can use to cope with posttraumatic stress, and together, they form a comprehensive system–a toolbox–that will carry Veterans into a life of strength and resilience.
The Mindful Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Program covers:
- Why yoga for trauma?
- The Toolbox and its five practices: Asana, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra, Meditation and Gratitude
- Special considerations and specific techniques for working with veterans
- Neuroscience behind trauma and how yoga can help lesson the symptoms of posttraumatic stress and improves stress-related outcomes
- Appropriateness and variations of asana
- Understanding veteran culture
- How to bring Mindful Yoga for Trauma into the world
- 12 week protocol
Friday, July 28th: 6:30PM-9:00PM
Saturday, July 29th: 12:00PM-7:30PM
Sunday, July 30th: 10:00AM-3:00PM